After an 18 month period of analysis and reflection involving the course team, student representatives, feedback documents, coursework, outcomes, and external and internal examiners and advisers, we are putting Oxford Brookes University’s Postgraduate certificate in teaching in higher education (PCTHE) forward for periodic review and revalidation.
Why? We wish to:
- Enable contextualised workplace-based professional learning and other aspects of academic practice from outside the course to be recognised within the course, especially where there is development of pedagogic scholarship and community (group) working practices.
- Widen provision for academics and others in positions of direct support and facilitation of student learning processes from other institutions and contexts.
- Widen provision, globally, to the best introduction to teaching in higher education that we can provide.
- Enable participants to focus on specialisations in particular disciplinary locations, or modes of practice.
- Provide a fully online mode to the course increasing the flexibility with which staff at any institution of higher education, globally, might participate in the programme.
- Strengthen peer and community evaluation and assessment.
- Enable closer articulation with supported individual routes to professional recognition by the Higher Education Academy (HEA).
- Continue working at the leading edge of academic literacies and technology enhanced learning.